August 20, 2007

Wet your roller, then you roll it



I haven't done a post today because I've been painting, and my bloodstream has no doubt been enriched with plenty of nutritious latex. (I should probably put on some Mozart.) If only that paint had been lead-based, I might have been inspired to Beethovenian flights of fancy.

Here's a fun fact: Handel most likely also suffered from lead poisoning—but not because of paint, but rather port and madiera wines: at the time, the brandy they were fortified with was distilled through lead-lined pipes. Which means that, had I lived in the 18th-century, I, too, would have been afflicted with one of the best-named illnesses ever, saturnine gout.

1 comment:

CLD said...

matthew,

just a friendly invite over to my new site. i'm trying to build a small readership of other critics/practitioners/bloggers that i respect and admire.

www.criticallimited.com

if you likey, please add me to your blogroll. that would be rad!

thanks, and keep up the great work.

oh, and brian wilson? total Gee Dee.

best,
kevin